Leadership Takes Practice …
The question we get asked most is HOW:
How do I become a better leader? How do I help others work better together on teams and in my workplace?
The answer is…
There is not just one way. Sorry!
There are actually hundreds of ways. Hundreds of small actions you can take every day to ‘be’ the leader you want to ‘be’ in the world.
And, we’ve got just the tool for you…
Be the Leader Card Deck
Leadership is not a position or a title, it is action and example. ~Donald McGannon
If leadership is not a position or a title, what is leadership?
The market for leadership development solutions is enormous: more than $14 billion is spent by corporations and there are more than 70,000 books and videos on the topic.
Yet, people still think we have a leadership problem in workplaces and communities.
At Sophia we have a couple of core beliefs about leadership:
- Everybody is a leader!
When the word “leader” is used, most times people think of someone in charge of people or a project espcially in a workplace or community. We believe everyone is a leader you lead yourself first.
- Leadership starts with actions of the individual.
Each person influences those around them at home, at workplaces, and in relationships. Like a pebble dropped into a still pond, the actions of leaders have an impact on those around them – positvely or negatively.
- People can learn to be good leaders it just takes practice. A runner would not jump out of bed to run a marathon; they run every day to get ready. A basketball player doesn’t make a majority of freethrows without practicing on a regular basis. Leadership is no different. People can get better at being a good leader by practicing the best ways to inspire others and strengthen teams.
People LOVE Be The Leader Cards!
Three years ago, we developed a prototype of a card deck that provided people with a ideas and inspiritation for “practicing” leadership.
In fact, they loved them so much that we want to fully-develop the prototype into a product that people and teams can use every day to practice leadership!
Here is where you can help us, help you practice leadership!
Building on the success of our community-based servant leadership programs, we’re creating Be The Leader Cards — a brand new set of bite-sized leadership inspiration and action cards to help anyone on their leadership journey.
We are looking for backers before November 30, 2020!
Be The Leader Cards are perfect for:
The Be The Leader Card Deck makes a Seriously AWESOME workplace gift for co-workers and friends. Now is a great time to get a head start on your holiday shopping.
- Making an Investment in Your Own Leadership
- Making an Investment in Others
When you back this product you are helping Sophia Transformative Leadership Partners, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, bring out the best in people, groups, organizations and communities through access to affordable leadership development programs dedicated to educating, inspiring, and achieving transformative results through servant leadership
* Kickstarter projects are all or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, November 30 2020 11:55 PM CDT.